+65-86935310
  • Vavasour  Pinot Gris 2015

Rich, creamy texture and the hallmark minerality in the palate. Aromas of quince, apples, pear, ginger and a hint of rose petal. The cool weather of the Awatere Valley brings out the brilliant aromatics in Pinot Gris in this 2015 vintage. 

Drink now through 2020.


Winemaking

The Awatere Valley is a sub-appellation within Marlborough. It has deep Greywacke soils compacted over millions of years by ancient glaciers. Huge boulders, carried down the Awatere River, are strewn across the valley floor. River shingles, gravels and silts help bind these large rocks. The vineyards are partially protected from the prevailing north-westerly winds by a broad range of mountain peaks. Awatere valley wines are particularly prized for their intense aromatics, ripe flavours, dynamic textures and concentration.

Vavasour's 85 hectare (196 acre) estate vineyard is located in the renowned Awatere Valley. The climate here is noteworthy for its wide diurnal temperature swings - an atttribute that contributes to strong personality and incredible balance in the wines. The vineyard's soils are low in fertility and comprised of stones and pebbles mixed with clay and loam. The rainfall ranges from 279-406 mm (11-16 inches) a year, very arid by any measurement.

The fruit for our 2015 Pinot Gris was harvested from our estate vineyard in the Awatere Valley. a combination of canopy and yield management ensured great concentration and flavour in the fruit. After whole bunch pressing, 10% of the juice was fermented in older French oak barriques using wild yeasts indigenous to our vineyard. While in oak, the lees were stirred regularly. The remaining 90% was fermented on stainless steel with a selected yeast strain, allowing us to retain the vibrant flavours of the variety. As a result, this wine has a lovely mix of freshness, richness and complexity.







Varietal
Varietal 100% Pinot Gris
Vintage
Vintage Year 2015
Bottling Date July 2015
Winemaker
Winemaker Stu Marfell
Volume
Volume 750ml
Technical Details
Alcohol % 13.5%
RS (Residual Sugar) 8.3
TA (Total acidity) 6.1
pH value 3.43

Write a review

Note: HTML is not translated!
    Bad           Good

Vavasour Pinot Gris 2015

  • $29.00

Available Options


Related Products

Anchorage Family Estate Pinot Gris 2016

Anchorage Family Estate Pinot Gris 2016

Out Of Stock !!Warm subtle stone fruit flavours with hints of citrus help keep this Pinot Gris ..

$26.00

Longview Queenie Pinot Grigio 2016

Longview Queenie Pinot Grigio 2016

The aromas lift out of the glass in an instant and the most evident are pear, orange blossom an..

$29.00

Dashwood Pinot Gris 2015

Dashwood Pinot Gris 2015

Full, rich and clean, the palate is broad and mouth filling. Flavours of ripe pears and apples ..

$26.00

Tilbrook Estate Pinot Gris 2014

Tilbrook Estate Pinot Gris 2014

Aromas of bruised pear, pineapple and honey follow through to the palate which has a soft and m..

$30.00

Long Dashing White - Half Case

Long Dashing White - Half Case

A half-case of some of the most dashing white wines from Australia and New Zealand, consisting ..

$140.00 $162.00

Vavasour Special - Half Case

Vavasour Special - Half Case

A half case of 6 gorgeous wines from Vavasour of Awatere Valley at a special price. You can get..

$185.00 $209.00

Tags: New Zealand, Vavasour, Marlborough, Awatere, White Wine, Pinot Gris